Saturday, March 28, 2009

A good pitch

I am pretty tired of hearing environmentalists talk. This does not mean I am insensitive to the environment changes (I am concerned) but I don't like hearing the same stuff.The environment pitch is essentially the same: carbon dioxide levels are going up , ice is melting, ocean levels are up blah blah blah.
Even a class 2 kid knows this now.
We all need to hear something dofferent: this is not motivating large numbers to act.
I came across a refreshing talk on the environment which lingers. I love the presentation idea( a video instead of powerpoint slides), brought to my notice by Garr Reynolds.
Here it is.

2 comments:

Mayura said...

Global Warming everyone presents with facts about it with depletion of ozone layer and increase in carbon dioxide but I don't think anyone one of us are working towards it at the individual level..we get more educated about it and then just forget it.
Creating awareness about underwater wildlife depletion I don't think people stop consuming fish after seeing these videos..Shark fins I didn't know people eat that too..

Romy Misra said...

Quite true. I liked this video because it is interesting to hear unlike others. I am quite skeptical about the long lasting effect it will have.