Thursday, March 26, 2009

Nowhere to run

Graduate students lead crazy lives.
A number of things one will surely learn and face if you plan to go ahead and study more:
1) Multitasking: You juggle work, cooking, studies,meetings, laundry and trying to get in sleep very efficiently
2) Peculiar eating patterns: One generally eats two meals, breakfast and dinner. We have the luxury of eating three on weekends. This doesn't mean we are thin, vending machines do exist.
3) Managing deadlines: You get to know your speed of work well. For instance I have an assignment( a biz memo to write) in two hours, but I know it takes 25minutes to write a decent memo and 1 minute to get it printed. So I will start precisely after 1hour and 34 mins.
4) 1000000 kPA: All the profs load you up with so much work and conspire to stress you out. Honestly after some time you get so used to it it barely makes a difference. Bring the pressure on.. I don't care!
5) Retail therapy/ Chocolate eating/Music works: The moment you have those days when your head is about to burst you learn that the aforementioned things work wonders. ( I just ate half a pound of chocolates yesterday, bought 3 unnecessary shirts I will never wear last week and I am listening to music right now).

No comments: