Sunday, February 8, 2009

Of varied interests: Part 2

So here I know something that I am going to be a pro at exists, but I am not sure what. Then came industrial engineering. I didn't want to go directly into an MBA, I somewhere still liked technical stuff.So industrial engineering came when I really needed someplace where I can get a business and mathematical intersect, and discover myself.
Here I am, as an industrial engineer and after some deliberation; have the vision of being a consultant. My strengths are peculiar:
1. I have a unique perspective on things.Essentially my opinion and feedback is unique in many ways
2. I am a natural analyzer and make natural comparisons between things in my head. Here note analyzing is not technical.
3. I like initiating things, more than most people do.
4. I am naturally interested in most things. I am interested in for example what is genomic, good design, whatever. This is the biggest hurdle I faced when choosing a career, I was told to go where I am interested in and here I have a hundred choices.. trust me that's not easy. The good part makes it that I am a natural learner. I have to keep learning no matter what I do, all the time or else I feel suffocated.
5. I love observing people and bringing together good talent, and identifying people with potential. This actually made me toy with the idea of becoming a HR manager for quite some time.

NOTE: I hate long blog posts so more on this in the next one.

2 comments:

Dr.SuDh said...

Hey you are just too good at writing.Am sure the posts u write for the Paper/magazine in CS must b quite an interesting read too.
Loved the way u express so much in a short and well defined way.
You are really really good. :)

vinita said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.